Sime Darby Industrial Sdn Bhd (“SDI”) and its Group of Companies is currently undergoing an exercise to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) that has been passed by the Malaysian government on 15 November 2013 to regulate the processing and safe-guarding of personal data in a commercial transaction. “SDI” or “we” or “us” in this notice refers individually or collectively to SDI and the entities within SDI Group of Companies, and include SDI’s subsidiaries, associate and/or related companies.
In compliance with the Act, we are required to manage and handle the personal data which we have collected and/or would be collecting from you.
The personal data that we have previously collected from you, includes, but not limited to, your name, postal/e-mail address, date of birth, phone numbers, identification card or passport number, nationality, race, gender, bank details, credit card(s) details, information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television and security recording) and images (including photographs) (collectively, “the Personal Data”).
1. Purpose of collection of the Personal Data
Your personal data may be used for various purposes, including, but not limited to:-
- providing sales/services/products/facilities or benefits offered by SDI or any other third parties appointed by us or on our behalf;
- the setting up, managing and maintaining customer/vendor’s accounts with SDI;
- verification of your financial standing through credit reference/reporting checks and / or risk assessment or evaluation;
- processing any payment(s) due to you or collection of any payment(s) payable to SDI for any sales of products and/or services;
- general administration, periodic credit review and updating of SDI’s customers and/or vendors information and accounts;
- providing / notifying and / or updating you with information on sales/services/product offers, upcoming events, conferences, seminars and / or any form of promotion and marketing activities (including business card collections via fish bowl method or during previous events organised by us) in relation to the products and services offered by SDI;
- conducting internal marketing analysis / statistical analysis on SDI’s pool of customers / vendors and / or relevant third parties;
- vendor registration onto Sime Darby Group’s Procurement portal;
- registration and / or effecting any dealings with regulatory bodies in relation to the machines / equipment / products sold or services provided by SDI;
- monitoring and ensuring the safety and security of our visitors and/or third parties entering into and exiting from any of our facilities/premises;
- complying with our Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) rules, including, but not limited to the issuance of the Visitor Card to visitors and/or third parties entering into any of our facilities/premises;
- administering and giving effect to the processing of any documentations in relation to any commercial transaction(s) entered into and/or any potential commercial transactions to be entered into between customers/vendors and/or relevant third parties with SDI;
- necessary arrangements / preparation of necessary documentations in relation to entry by employees of SDI and / or relevant third parties to the on-shore and off-shore facilities of SDI’s customers;
- responding to any of your queries and / or requests or providing you with information that may be of interest and relevant to you;
- for publications and publicity materials in relation to SDI;
- transferring and / or migration of data outside of Malaysia, where necessary;
- implementing and maintaining information technology systems, including storing and processing data in computer databases and servers located in and outside of Malaysia;
- where SDI considers that such use or disclosure of personal data is necessary to protect our interests, to respond to or initiate any claims or legal processes, howsoever arising;
- as part of SDI’s corporate governance, audit and compliance purposes with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligations imposed on SDI by any relevant authority in the conduct of our business;
- to better manage our business relationship with you;
- for participation in forums, surveys, contests and / or any other interactive platforms; and
- for any other purposes which are not specifically mentioned herein, but are deemed to be required or permitted by any law, regulations, rules and guidelines issued or implemented by any and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
(collectively, “the Purposes”)
It is obligatory that you supply us with your Personal Data for the Purposes specified above. If you fail to provide us with your Personal Data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the above Purposes and/or such other purposes related to the Purposes.
2. Collection, Recording, Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data was made available to us from various sources, including, but not limited to:
- Agreements entered into with SDI;
- Application forms or such other forms executed by you in relation to any commercial transaction(s) entered into and/or any potential commercial transaction(s) to be entered into with SDI;
- Questionnaires/surveys issued by SDI; and
- Register / log books etc. belonging to and/or maintained by SDI.
As part of SDI’s policy, it is not only necessary, but imperative that we continue to retain your personal data made available to us, as well as collect, record, store and retain further and/or other personal data when required for any of the Purposes and / or for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and / or such other purposes related to the Purposes.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data
Please be informed that if required for any of the Purposes, your personal data may be disclosed, disseminated and/or transferred to our subsidiaries, associate and/or related companies, business partners or to any third party organizations or persons providing administration (including, but not limited to cloud storage and maintenance of records) for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and/or all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes and also in providing other services to our subsidiaries, associate and/or related companies or involved in any corporate exercises undertaken by SDI, in or outside Malaysia, for and in respect of the Purposes.
Pursuant to the Act, it is your obligation to provide us with updates on your personal data retained by and provided to us and also to ensure that your personal data is accurate, not misleading and complete in all aspects.
We also request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is made available by you to us and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
4. Right to Access or Make Corrections to the Personal Data
You may at any time, submit your request for access to your personal data and/or limit our processing of your personal data, in the event:
- you require access to and / or wish to make corrections to your personal data subject to compliance of such request for access or correction not being refused under the provisions of the Act and/or existing laws;
- you wish to enquire about your personal data;
- you wish to discuss the possible choices and means to limit our processing of your personal data; and
- you are no longer agreeable to us retaining, holding or storing your personal data. However, please note that this may result in us not being able to properly perform or discharge our obligations to you, in relation to the Purposes.
by contacting us at the following address:
By mail : Company Secretary
Sime Darby Industrial Sdn Bhd
No. 1, Jalan Puchong
Taman Perindustrian Puchong Utama
47100 Puchong, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
By email : email@example.com
By telephone : 006 (03) 8068 8600
By facsimile : 006 (03) 8068 8008 / 8068 8080
Any enquiry or complaint with respect to the processing of your personal data should also be channeled to us in this manner.
5. Retention of Personal Data
Any personal data retained by us shall be destroyed and/or deleted from our records and system in accordance with the retention policy in the event such personal data is no longer required for the Purposes and/or for any other purposes incidental/related to the Purposes.
If we do not receive any response from you within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of receipt of this notification concerning our processing of your personal data, we shall continue to process the same for the Purposes on the basis that you have consented to our processing of your personal data in accordance with this notification.